Cellular Spy Phone
The telephone is programmed with a telephone number and when anyone calls the Spy phone, it rings and operates as a normal telephone but when the phone is called using the telephone with the number that was previously programmed into the phone, it automatically answers without any ringing or lights coming on and it turns on the built in microphone to listen to all the surrounding noises or conversations. There is no other Spy Phone like it anywhere.
To enable this type of function, it requires new software (as they stated "previously programmed"). Most cell phones can be flashed over the network by the Cellular company (like an automatic software update), so I’m beginning to think the remote tapping isn’t so far fetched after all.
This site only provides this type of modification for specific phones, but if the firmware can be modified to do it, I guess it would just take more firmware modifications to get the same type of features on other phones.
But wait, there’s more interesting surveillance equipment on this site — the GSS1000 SpyPhone:
1. Any sounds in the vicinity of the phone in the ("Listening Mode").
2. Monitor conversation made or received by GSS-1000 ("Interception Mode").
3. Monitor and track all incoming & outgoing SMS messages.
And, for those "tapees" who are close in proximity or UHF range to the tapper, there is the UHF Mobile Phone Transmitter:
· Working GSM Nokia Cellular Phone
· Built-in wireless UHF transmitter
· Crystal controlled
· Transmits both side of conversation
· Range up to 600 feet (200 meters)
· Up to five miles using our briefcase repeater
· Magnetic antenna available for the receiver
· The phone comes with quick AC & car chargers
· Completely Stealth / Undetectable
The site doesn’t mention prices or if they accept Paypal (you know to make ordering easy for normal people like me), but we’ll work on getting one of these things and testing it out — if we can get the PO for a "SpyPhone" approved .
There are all kinds of other interesting gadgets for you 007 types on the same site — take a look.