Re: Cannot uninstall ZA because I do not know passcode
Before we start please create a restore point to fall back on if something goes wrong .
After setting a new restore point start your computer in safe mode
If Windows XP is the only operating system installed on your computer, booting into Safe Mode with these instructions.
* If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power
* Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.
* Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.
* Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.
* Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.
* When you are finished with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.
Or to use the System Configuration Utility method
* Close all open programs.
* Click Start, Run and type MSCONFIG in the box and click OK
* The System Configuration Utility appears, On the BOOT.INI tab, Check the "/SAFEBOOT" option, and then click OK and Restart your computer when prompted.
* The computer restarts in Safe mode.
* Perform the troubleshooting steps for which you are using Safe Mode.
When you are finished with troubleshooting in Safe mode, open MSCONFIG again, on the BOOT.INI tab, uncheck "/SAFEBOOT" and click OK to restart your computer
Once you're in safe mode navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder delete the backup .rdb and .iamdb files in the folder
Now go back and left click on the start button in the taskbar, select and open run
Type in regedit and select ok
The registry will now appear on the desktop
You then need to find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE click on the + to expand the tree
Scroll down until you see the folder named Zone Labs, click on the + next to the Zone labs folder
Now click on the + next to TrueVector
click on the store folder
To the right you should see upwval which is the ONLY entry that needs to be removed.
Right click on upwval and delete
Following these steps should remove the password
**Disclaimer** . Be warned though that making manual edits to the registry can have drastic consequences if you make a mistake, which is easy to do.Don't hold me accountable if you make a mistake;) be careful and you'll be ok
Good luck :)