I bought my mom the ZoneAlarm suite and installed it, tried to leave it on settings that would keep her safe but not slow things down, and now (from a couple thousand miles away) her computer has given her an error report and she can't get on the Internet to ask this question, so I'm trying to help.
The error report says something about "Service executable"
"$ZAppName: dlcserv.exe" and a bunch more stuff we don't know how to interpret. A ZA security alert is also on-screen, saying something about "suspicious behaviour, AOL is trying to communicate with system root something.exe by opening its process."
She has XP, but I don't know if it's home or Pro. The version on the ZA box was, I think, 6.0, plus I downloaded a really long update online when I got it installed. I know a lot less than I sound like, and I know I don't sound like much either! I'm in way over my head and I don't know how to help. Does anyone in this forum have an idea? Thanks for any help you can offer.
Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
Re: Error messages
This problem is easy to fix, a confirmed solution is described below:
1. Download the latest version of ZA from the download page.
2. Remove your current ZA version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs)
3. Remove other security tools installed. Use http://www.appremover.com/ to double check no left overs are present.
4. Clean your system and registry with Ccleaner
5. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, <= click here now reboot computer after running ZA Removal tool.
6. Now Install the latest ZA version without touching any default settings, and Do Not Restore Saved Settings from the old install.
7. If you get confused, there is a similar thread http://techwonda.com/fix-windows-error-127-itunes-iadcore-dll-adiadid/ which describes how to fix a similar problem in itunes, you can follow the same procedure to remove and reinstall ZA. hope this works.