suspicious behavior message-synaptics touchpad
After surfing awhile, this message comes up that Synaptics Touch Pad enhancements is trying to take control over Firefox and the cursor locks up and I have to hold the power buttom to shut off and re-boot. It often happens after surfing for quite awhile but not right away. Any suggestions? I tried editing Program control to allow everything but that doesn't seem to help. I have Internet Security Suite 2007.
Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
Re: suspicious behavior message-synaptics touchpad
Sounds like the ZA database has become corrupted. To remove this and create a new database do this>
Boot your computer into the Safe Mode
Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder
Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder
Clean the Recycle Bin
Reboot into the normal mode
ZA will be just like new with no previous settings or data
After the reboot, use the Remember and Allow for all of the ZA popups.
Then please do this>
Make sure your DNS and DHCP server IP's are in your Firewall's Trusted zone. Finding DNS and DCHP servers, etc
1. Go to Run type in command , hit 'ok', and type ipconfig /all then press enter. In the returned data list will be a line DNS and DHCP Servers with the IP address(s) listed out to the side.
2. In ZA on your machine on the Firewall>Zones tab click Add and then select IP Address. Make sure the Zone is set to Trusted.
3. Click OK and then Apply and see if that works to fix it.
4. The loopback or localhost (127.0.0.1) must be listed as Trusted.
5. The Generic Host Process (svchost.exe) must have server rights for the Trusted Zone.
Plus it must have both Trusted and Internet Access.
Make sure that the Program Control is set at Medium instead of High.