vmware bridge network connection lost after ZA install
After I installed Zone alarm on the host machine the virtual machine lost ALL network connectivity. I have allowed all of the vmware applications trusted access but the client wont even pickup a DHCP address.
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware
Re: vmware bridge network connection lost after ZA install
Hopefully the following solution will fix your problem, if not PLEASE post back, Thanks.
If you're using Windows XP:
Download WinSockFix from here or here. http://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html or http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html
Backing up the Registry
1. Double click on WinsockXPFix.exe to open.
2. On the Winsock and TCP Repair Utility screen, click "ReG-Backup"
3. On the ERDNT Welcome screen, click "OK".
4. On the Backup to: screen, click "OK".
5. On the Folder does not exist question screen click "Yes".
6. You will see a status screen as your registry is being backed up.
7. On the Registry backup is complete! screen, click "OK" and you will go back to the main window.
Resetting the Winsock Stack
1. On the Winsock and TCP Repair Utility screen, click "Fix".
2. On the Apply the VB_Winsock fix? screen click "Yes".
3. The screen will display a status message "repair completed please reboot."
4. On the Repair Completed screen click "OK" to reboot your computer.
5. If your computer was not using DHCP, you will need to reconfigure TCP/IP.
6. You should have connectivity restored.
Hope this info has helped you, if not PLEASE post back.