ZoneAlarm doesn't see wireless adapter
Zone Alarm doesn't see the wireless adapter or the ethernet adapter on my new computer. On my old one, it sees the ethernet adapter and the wireless adapter. I am having problems with internet and I am wondering if this is a symptom of the problem.
Thank you for any help.
Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
Re: ZoneAlarm doesn't see wireless adapter
I have a laptop with various means of interneting. The ZA does not see any of the network adapters that are in the Network Connections.
This may help:
Make sure your DNS and DHCP server IP's are in your Firewall's Trusted zone. Finding DNS and DCHP servers, etc
1. Go to Run type in command , hit 'ok', and type ipconfig /all then press enter. In the returned data list will be a line DNS and DHCP Servers with the IP address(s) listed out to the side.
2. In ZA on your machine on the Firewall>Zones tab click Add and then select IP Address. Make sure the Zone is set to Trusted.
3. Click OK and then Apply and see if that works to fix it.
4. The loopback or localhost (127.0.0.1) must be listed as Trusted.
5. The Generic Host Process (svchost.exe) must have server rights for the Trusted Zone.
Plus it must have both Trusted and Internet Access.
This is a start and maybe the correct solution. If it is not working properly still, then please reply.