Hi Ive lost my password, I have a genuine version of security suite.
I have tried visiting the site quoted on previos board postings
but it does not exist anymore, any one help??
Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
Re: Lost Password
Here's the guidelines for removing the zone alarm
The following is copied
This Information Applies to:
All ZoneAlarm Products
If you have a password problem or can't remember your password, the ONLY way to remove a ZoneAlarm password that is forgotten, corrupted, or will not work is to remove the database files associated with TrueVector, as follows:
Please note that this will remove your program permissions and Trusted Zone settings (so you may want to make note of them, or make a backup in version 4 or later).
- Reboot your system into either Safe Mode or to a Command Prompt. The method is determined by your OS, but most systems will boot into Safe Mode by either pressing F8 at the beep or holding the CTRL key during boot-up.
For more information on rebooting your specific system in Safe Mode, click Start, then Help. Click the Search tab, and type in Safe Mode. Double-click Start Windows in Safe Mode for the instructions. Open the Internet Logs directory (in 9x/ME this will be c:\windows\internet logs , in NT/2000 it will be c:\winnt\internet logs, in Windows XP it could be either of these folders).
- Delete all files that have the extensions .RDB, .LDB, or TMP.
- Empty your Recycle Bin.
If you are running Windows NT and cannot delete these files, try the following from an Administrative account:
If you do not know how to do any of the following steps, click Start > Help for more information. The following works only for ZoneAlarm products version 3 and lower.
- Search for vsmon.exe and rename the file. REMEMBER what you changed it to!
- Shut down ZoneAlarm. It doesn't matter if there's a password on it or not.
- Delete the files in the Internet Logs directory as directed above
- Change the renamed file back to vsmon.exe.
You might also read this thread about forgotten password:
And lastly there
are instructions for password removal here: