ZoneAlarm blocks svchost.exe, source dns is europe.battle.net
When I´m tried to host a game in warcraft III, no one are enable to connect to me. I have open the ports for the game in my router, but still no one can connect. So I checked in ZoneAlarm alerts and logos/log viewer/alert type=program. When I do that I see that svchost.exe with source dns europe.battle.net is blocked. How do I unblock it?
Under program control/programs I have trusted all the options for warcraft III.
I have tried to add svcost.exe under program control/programs but it doesn´t shows up.
What should I do?
Re: ZoneAlarm blocks svchost.exe, source dns is europe.battle.net
Originally Posted by Red Eagle
Could you please post which OS you're using along with the product type and version of ZA too. I may be able to help with this extra information.
In the meantime you could try the following after opening the ZA control center...
Adding custom ports
You can allow communication through additional ports at High security, or block additional ports at Medium security by specifying individual port numbers or port ranges.
To specify additional ports:
- Select Firewall.
- In either the Trusted Zone or Internet Zone area, click Custom. The Firewall settings dialog appears.
- Scroll to the security level (High or Medium) to which you want to add ports.
- Select the desired port type: incoming UDP, outgoing UDP, incoming TCP, or outgoing TCP.
- Type the port or port ranges you want to allow or block in the Ports field, separated by commas. For example, 139, 200-300
- Click Apply, then click OK.
Hope that this helps you solve your problem.