ZoneAlarm Service Agent pop-up is legit? ==> Notice of New Upgrade Version
I'm getting a ZoneAlarm Service Agent popup saying:
YOU ARE NOT PROTECTED: You are using an old version of ZoneAlarm Free Firewall that is no longer supported. Update your software to get protection from new threats. Click OK to download your FREE UPDATE now.
with options for updating now, or remind me later.
Is this a legitimate ZoneAlarm pop-up or is it a sign of virus/spyware infection? Anybody ever seen this before?
Re: ZoneAlarm Service Agent pop-up legit?
Yes, that is a Legitimate Notice to advise you to Upgrade to the Current ZA Free version. 10.1.079.000
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall
http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...01_079_000.exe <== click here
ZoneAlarm Free version 10.1.065.000
ZoneAlarm Free version 10.1.056.000
- Added: Support for Firefox 8 (toolbar)
- Plus fixed issues:
- Fixed issue: Use the correct date for firewall logs
- Fixed issue: User can't select install path on 64-bit machine
- Fixed issue: Long path installation not working
- Fixed issue: Problem with Program Alerts displaying correctly
- Fixed issue: Various other improvements
- New user-friendly design: Easy for all levels of users, confirms protection at a glance
- Quick install: Makes securing your computer faster and easier than ever.
- Enhanced Cloud Security: 3rd generation cloud technologies detect 50,000 - 75,000 new applications every day and verify threats detected by behavioral scans.
- Online Backup-- free 2GB of storage space
- Browser security toolbar now supports Firefox 7 (prior versions of Firefox are not supported)
- Plus fixed issues that occurred in some instances:
- Fixed issue: Not all Alert & Log settings persist after restart
- Fixed issue: Backup and Restore stop working after restarting
- Fixed issue: Installer- Allow Social Guard to be installed over ZA Free
- Fixed various other stability and usability fixes