MS Outlook 2007 Export to PDF blocked
I'm having difficulty with ZoneAlarm Security Suite 10 and exporting reports to PDF in MS Access 2007.
The error that comes up in Access is :
<database name> can't save the output data to the files you've selected.
* The file may be open. If so, close it, and then save the output data to the file again,
* If you are using a template, check to make sure the template exists.
* If the file isn't open, check to make sure that you have enough free disk space.
* Make sure that the file exists on the path specified.
* Check to make sure you have permission to write to the specified folder.
I have narrowed the issue down to the On-Access Scanning. If I turn it off, the PDF file can be created successfully. Interestingly the error only occurs on file creation, not if you are overwriting a file.
I can get around the issue by adding an exception entry to the On-Access for a particular folder to save all PDF's to. i.e. C:\PDFDocs\*.pdf
The drawback is that its a potential security hole.
Can anyone suggest any other solutions to the issue?
ZoneAlarm Security Suite version: 10.1.065.000
vsmon version: 10.1.065.000
Driver version: 10.0.217.000
Anti-virus engine version: 18.104.22.168
Anti-virus signature DAT file version: 1066478304
ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.350.0
ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.5.350.0
ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database: 22.214.171.124
ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database: 04.155
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
MS Access 2007 / MS Office Service Pack 2
Re: MS Outlook 2007 Export to PDF blocked
You could try to use a different software for PDF creation, there are plenty out there (e.g. http://www.pdfforge.org/) and see if you still have the same problem?
Originally Posted by grumpybear