can I Install Zone Alarm off-line?> You must be connected to the Internet
I am about to format a pc and decided to download the zone alarm set up file so that I will install it after finishing installing windows and before connecting the pc to the internet. However, I am noticing that the setup file I downloaded is only about 4.37MB. Is this the full installation file or does it require to connect to the net to install because older installation files had a larger file size?
The reason I am asking this is that I do not wish to connect to the net before having both a firewall and an antivirus installed.
Thanks for any feedback.
Re: zone alarm installation file
Originally Posted by moxxu
You must be connected to the Internet while installing Zone Alarm.
Follow these instructions Below to clean your computer of the old version and any conflicting 3rd party Security programs, then install a clean new copy of the current supported version of ZA 10.1.079.000
The product will not license properly.
Other features cannot be enabled.
Security toolbar will not work.
Its best to install with an internet connection to help cut down on any bugs or problems you might introduce installing without an internet connection.
Make sure Windows Firewall in turned on..
The instruction for a clean install are below,
1. Download Looking for the latest version? <== click here
2. Remove your current ZA version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs)
3. Remove other security tools installed. Use http://www.appremover.com/ to double check no left overs are present.
4. Clean your system and registry withthe Free Ccleaner.exe
5. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, now reboot after running ZA Removal tool.
6. Install the latest ZA version without touching any default settings,
and Do Not Restore Save Settings from the old install.
Re: can I Install Zone Alarm off-line?
Btw, I am not sure I follow your statement about hidden installers.
Originally Posted by walkerl
Latest full installers for retails version are always published here (main visible link at support site):
Looking for the latest version?
Instead of posting direct links (that will be outdated with a new release), please always refer to the above page to find the latest retail installers.