ZA's full removal instructions don't work ?
I need to do a full removal (clean uninstall), but the instructions on the ZA support page are outdated and don't work. (See the two two seemingly-relevant items at: http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...e-support.htm#).
Going to Start -> Checkpoint -> ZoneAlarm gives a list of four items, none of which is "Uninstall." Therefore I have no way to issue the Unistall /Clean command.
Also, note above that the program is found under Checkpoint, not (directly) ZoneAlarm. Took me a long time to figure out where ZoneAlarm was located, as this does not match the instructions.
Also (compared to some even older instructions I have found) there is no Uninstall program in the ZoneAlarm program files folder. Apparently that disappeared in more recent versions.
Questions: (1) Is there a clean uninstall program, and if so where can I find it? (2) Otherwise, how can I do a clean uninstall?
Thx in advance.
Re: ZA's full removal instructions don't work (Outdated!!)
Try this proceedure..
Follow these instructions Below to clean your computer of the old version and any conflicting 3rd party Security programs, then install a clean new copy of the current supported version.
The instruction for a clean install are below,
1. Download the latest version Looking for the latest version? <== click here
2. Remove your current ZA version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs)
3. Remove other security tools installed. Use http://www.appremover.com/ to double check no left overs are present.
4. Clean your system and registry withthe Free Ccleaner.exe
5. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, now reboot after running ZA Removal tool.
6. Install the latest ZA version without touching any default settings,
and Do Not Restore Save Settings from the old install.
Note: Let us know how you have managed to resolve the issue. It will help other users with the same problem.