Get error when trying to update free antivirus+firewall
I try to update but after 2% get antivirus/antispyware update: error.
I use Windows 7 and got avira free antivirus, spybot and ad-aware but they worked fine together before I got the last version of this program and tried to update to this version but still doesn't work. I also got computers own firewall.
ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall version: 11.0.000.504
Vsmon version: 11.0.000.504
Driver version: 11.0.000.026
Antivirus engine version: 22.214.171.124
Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1117370752
Web Identity Protections version: 1.5.393.22
Re: Get error when trying to update free antivirus+firewall
Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..
Originally Posted by rinafi
*** NOTICE: Please note that Zone Alarm Free Antivirus + Firewall does not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).
Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP/Win7 add/remove software tool in the control panel.
Just One, Not Two -- Never use two Anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP/Win7 add/remove software tool in the control panel.
The instruction for cleaning 3rd party AV and clean install of Zone Alarm install are below
1. Download the latest version http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view
<== click here
or Plan-B (Download ZAFREE without the Antivirus feature)
1. Re-download the latest version of ZA free from here: Looking for the latest version?
Watch out to choose the right installer, i.e. ZA free WITHOUT the antivirus if you have another Antivirus installed?
2. Remove your current ZA version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs)
3. Remove other security tools installed. Use http://www.appremover.com/ to double check no left overs are present.
4. Clean your system and registry with the Free Ccleaner.exe
free ccleaner <= click here
5. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, <= click here
now reboot computer after running ZA Removal tool.
6. Now Install the latest ZA version without touching any default settings, and Do Not Restore Saved Settings from the old install.
Let us know how you have managed to resolve the issue. It will help other users with the same problem