Performance Issue with 11.0.768.000
After a recent upgrade to 11.0.768.000 I have experienced significant performance issues that were not present in previous versions.
- While listening to Media Player and opening a web-page the media player "stutters"
- Similar problem when streaming audio from a podcast (i.e. NPR) when opening another webpage
- CPU (4 cores) hit 100% across all cores when opening new webpage but when I turn off ZoneAlarm and open the same page issue not observed.
The performance issue only manifested after the Upgrade - no other changes were made on system.
Zone Alarm Information:
ZoneAlarm Security Suite version: 11.0.768.000
ZoneAlarm license key: **********************
Vsmon version: 11.0.768.000
Driver version: 11.0.764.000
Antivirus engine version: 184.108.40.206
Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1125215072
AntiSpam version: 220.127.116.1173
- Intel i5 670 @ 3.47Ghz
- 12 GB installed RAM
- Win7 64bit
Re: Performance Issue with 11.0.768.000
sorry all user here. Please note that with a valid license you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support at the link in my signature.
However, I would first try to install the recently released version 11.0.780.000. This way:
1. Take good note of your ZA license key
2. Uninstall ZA from windows 7 "uninstall a program"
3. Reboot the PC
4. Download again the clean.exe from ZA website and run it:
5. Reboot the PC
6. Turn ON Windows 7 firewall.
7. Double check you have no ZA leftovers on the PC. Look for "checkpoint" folder in "program folder" and "checkpoint" folder in "programdata" folder. The latter may be hided. You need to set windows 7 to show hidden files and folders. If you find any "chckpoint" folders please remove them.
8. Download the latest version of ZA Suite you find here:
http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...e-download.htm (mind to choose the right installer! i.e. ZA security Suite
9. Run the web installer. Choose the default settings (quick install). It will download the components for your system.
10. Do not restore any previous settings.
How does it work? Issue resolved? If not, you may have a third party software conflicting with ZA. Try to boot your system only with windows 7 and ZA. This way:
1. Click the Windows 7 "Start" ->
2. Type MSCONFIG in the search box and click OK
3. Once in MSCONFIG , click the ServiceTab
4. Place a check in "Hide All Microsoft Services"
5. Now remove checks from everything other than TrueVector Internet Monitor and any ZoneAlarm Privacy Service, and click OK.
6. Click the Startup Tab,
7. Order by publisher and disable all items except items from Microsoft and Checkpoint.
8. Restart your computer
Now test if the issue persist. If it doesn't go back to MSCONFIG and check back the disabled items by group of 4 or 5. Start from the service tab and then move to the startup. This way you should hopefully find the issue.
NOTE: You can place your computer back into a normal startup process by
going back into msconfig and choosing the Normal Startup option on the