Zonelarm free Antivirus and firewall
I have been using Zonealarm Free Firewall and Antivirus for sometime now.I had something that infected my computer it wouldn't allow me to use the program.I unistalled it and when i reinstalled the program,everything seems to be blanked out.Can someone please help,i used an uninstaller to get Zonealarm off my system,all went well i assume.But it seems that i can't reintall it.I am usinbg Avast right now just to have something on my system as protection,I used malewarebytes antimalware to get rid of the situation that i had.can anyone help with this situation.I have Vista Home Premium and i use the latest of IE.i have a 32 bit system.anything that needs to be known i will elaborate on when asked.
Re: Zonelarm free Antivirus and firewall
This sounds like either a Bad Download or something on your computer conflicting with or blocking the ZA Free installer.
Try this safe clean up procedure..
Follow these instructions Below to clean your computer of the old version and any conflicting 3rd party Security programs, then install a clean new copy of the current supported version of ZA 11.0.780.000
The instruction for a clean install are below
1. Download a fresh copy of the latest version http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view
<== click here
2. Remove your current ZA version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs/ Win7/8 control panel/uninstall program)
3. Remove other security tools installed. Use http://www.appremover.com/ to double check no left overs are present.
4. Clean your system and registry with the Free Ccleaner.exe
free ccleaner <= click here
5. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, <= click here
now reboot computer after running ZA Removal tool.
6. Now Install the latest ZA version without touching any default settings,
and Do Not Restore Saved Settings from the old install.
Let us know how you have managed to resolve the issue. It will help other users with the same problem.