ZA AV 11.0.000.038 - Zone Alarm Pop Up Window
I have had what looks like a Zone Alarm window pop up on my screen saying that my version of Zone Alarm is out of date and I need to click the image to update it. However I am suspicious as this method of update has never been used by Zone Alarm before.
Also if I go into Zone Alarm it tells me that I am fully protected. My version details are below:
ZoneAlarm with Antivirus version: 11.0.000.038
Vsmon version: 11.0.000.038
Driver version: 11.0.000.038
Antivirus engine version: 18.104.22.168
Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1126965248
ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.393.22
ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 22.214.171.124
Can anyone tell me if this is Zone Alarm requesting this or whether it is malware?
Re: ZA AV 11.0.000.038 - Zone Alarm Pop Up Window
Yes, it is legit. However the safer procedure would be (applicable to licensed version of ZA):
1. Download the latest version of ZA Suite from here:
Save it to your desktop. Mind to choose the right installer that for you is ZoneAlarm Pro Antivirus +Firewall.
2. Take well note of your ZA license key
3. Now remove ZA from windows-control panel add/remove programs (XP) or uninstall a program (VISTA, WIN7, WIN8).
4. Reboot the PC
5. Turn ON windows firewall
6. Run the ZA removal tool that you find here:
7. Reboot the PC
8. Install the ZA you downloaded in point 1. Do not restore any previous ZA settings.
NOTE: please do all steps while connected to the internet and shutdown any other security tool you have installed (if any).