Weird mixture of Zone Alarm products?
I seem to have some weird mixture of the Free Firewall and the Free Firewall + Antivirus on my Win 7 computer. My intention, and what I have always used before, is to have just the free Firewall. I use a different product for my Antivirus needs.
Still, whenever I go to settings, it shows information about settings for the antivirus (and also Identity protection which I am also not interested in, but can't seem to turn off). Also, I keep getting information about updates to the antivirus codes, etc.
My last download was zafwSetupWeb_110_768_000.exe which I believe was the free Firewall only.
How can I get rid of the extraneous stuff and just use the basic Firewall, which has always been great?
I hate jigsaw puzzles.
Re: Weird mixture of Zone Alarm products?
Originally Posted by urban1
Try this safe clean up proceedure..
Follow these instructions Below to clean your computer of the old version , then install a clean new copy of the current supported version of ZA 12.0.104.000
The instruction for a clean install are below
1. Download the latest version http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view
<== click here
2. Remove your current ZA version (in Windows 7 [Start/Control Panel/Uninstall a program])
3. Clean your system and registry with the Free Ccleaner.exe
free ccleaner <= click here
4. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, <= click here
now reboot computer after running ZA Removal tool.
5. Now Install the latest ZA version without touching any default settings, and Do Not Restore Saved Settings from the old install.
Let us know how you have managed to resolve the issue. It will help other users with the same problem.