Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outlook 2003

queue Guest

Default Outlook 2003

I'm am using Outlook 2003 and I cannot get the settings correct to receive E-Mail. I have placed the host into the trusted zone, I've tried enabling all the access settings to the application, but the only way I can receive my E-Mail is to turn off Zone Alarm. Can anyone help?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

mrkbevan Guest

Default Re: Outlook 2003

I'm having the same problem with Outlook express XP, so it's not just Outlook 2003. I actually had to unintall zone alarm, to receive an important email from work. I reinstalled the software and still have the same problem. I wish ididn't update.Ken

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Queue wrote:
    I'm am using Outlook 2003 and I cannot get the settings correct to receive E-Mail. I have placed the host into the trusted zone, I've tried enabling all the access settings to the application, but the only way I can receive my E-Mail is to turn off Zone Alarm. Can anyone help?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Make sure you have granted Outlook 'access' in your Programs Control. Also add your mail server to the Trusted Zone in your Firewall's Zone panel.

queue Guest

I've done both of these, as I stated in the E-Mail. Still no joy. I did see some vague references one place to a component the Outlook needs, but they must have been talking about a different version of Outlook, because that component doesn't appear in my list. Of the components that look similiar, they all are granted access.

bullswool Guest

Hear! Hear! I have exactly the same problem as Ken, mrkbevan and Queue. Checked the firewall/program settings. Checked the Program Control settings. Gave Outlook 2003 every freedom and still I can not download e-mails. I too found I could only solve the problem by uninstalling ZoneAlarm. Shutting down ZoneAlarm was NOT enough. My other machine has not been upgraded with the latest ZoneAlarm and works fine. It won't get an upgrade either. Zonelabs, what's the answer?

seamaiden Guest

I have the same problem with Outlook XP, so I have to use Outlook Express 6 or Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.5 (soon upgrading to 1.0.6).

- Possibility #1
    Microsoft Outlook can use POP or LDAP for email depending on the type of mail server you have. Maybe you have to open a certain port in ZoneAlarm 6? I would not know which one, though. If anyone knows what port(s) this might be, you might need to create an exception on the Firewall tab -> Trusted Zone Security -> Custom. You may need to open the port with both TCP and UDP. I'm not sure.

- Possibility #2
    The other thought I had is that an exception may also be needed at Antispyware tab -> Main -> Advanced Options -> Exceptions, but I do not know what to put there.

COULD A ZONEALARM EXPERT PLEASE LET US KNOW?

dandy Guest

Default Re: Outlook 2003 (Same bloody problem in Thunderbird)

The @#$ "update" is blocking Thunderbird access to pop servers as well. It must be blocking a port number or something, but can't tell where.

Hey ZoneTURKEYS, have you ever heard the phrase "Q/A" ?

Be advised that a large number of your users use email!

d

hokkaidokid Guest

Yeah, same here. Added my mail server to the trusted zone as a Host/Site entry, as well as just about every other suggestion on this board. It's obviously a problem, so why won't Zone Labs address it?

queue Guest

Default Re: Outlook 2003 (Same bloody problem in Thunderbird)

Well, unlike most of you, I can actually get to my E-Mail server IF I change the firewall protection tothe lowest settings. After I get my E-Mail, I can just put it back up to protected levels. But this is rediculous. I shouldn't have to be vulnerable while I download my E-Mail.Queue

Do you have your DNS servers in the trusted Zone in ZA? If not try that and see what happens.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information