Thread: Inhouse software problems

jvnguyen Guest

Default Inhouse software problems

I'm currently having problems with loading up some softwares that I have made when zonelabs is switched on, the resultant from this is that my whole system freezes, thus leaving me to reboot and switching off zone alarms prior to loading up the software. I have however adding the program to the firewall and still no luck.Anyone have this problem before.(The inhouse programs are database systems that have ODBC)Any help will be much appreciated

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

Default Re: Inhouse software problems

In all of my db programming experience implementing an ODBC system is one area I have not had to master. Something to consider and look at is the ODBC components and their requirements in relation tothe Zonepermissions of ZAP. Specifically whether any of the ODBC components or your programs need to have Server permission for the Trusted Zone. I may be totally wrong but it sound like this could be why your systems are freezing, they are not getting access through ZAP for server functions.I know this does not really help much, but maybe its a step in the right direction. Post back and let us know.

Thread Information