Thread: Looking for Programs in Program Control

oyle Guest

Default Looking for Programs in Program Control

Hello,

can someone tell me how to look for the programs which are listed in Program Control ? Like hitting Control-F, for example ? When I need to change access authorisation for certain programs I have to manually go through the whole list to find what I'm looking for, and that can be very time-consuming when there are mayn programs listed.
    Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

Default Re: Looking for Programs in Program Control

I don't think there is a search feature yet.What I would suggest is removing the programs that you don't normally use from the list.I clean out Program Control regularly.For example, I now only have about six programs on my list.All other programs will have to ask permission.

oyle Guest

Thanks, but can one save the settings somewhere before cleaning out all the authorised programs ? I'm afarid I might ahve trouble accessing certain programs if I delete them all from the list..

Thanks

You will not have trouble accessing programs.When programs require internet/server access, they will ask for permission again.

brucezone Guest

Also, under "overview/preferences" you can back up all of your program settings.

oyle Guest

Thanks to all. Have deleted all the programs from the Program Control page and am progressively Okaying requests. Seems to work. Instead of 150 odd entries I am down to about 30...Probabyl a good idea to clean it out regularly. Also backed up the settings. Cheers

Thread Information