Thread: How to stop ZA Pro 6.1 auto updates?

maybethisllwork Guest

Default How to stop ZA Pro 6.1 auto updates?

In Overview Preferences Check for product Updates, "Manually" is checked. But ZAP does updates anyway, sneaking the updtate dialog box underneath other windows while doing so. This behavior interferes with testing and other computer activities. It is the kind of behavior that I try to prevent by running ZAP, browser pop-up prevention, and so forth. How do I get it stopped?
    --David

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: How to stop ZA Pro 6.1 auto updates?

maybethisllwork Guest

With one exception, recommendations in the document found at the URL have been implemented. For Disable program Advisor, I could not find "AlertAdvisor slider" in Program Control | Main.

The unwanted pop-up "Anti-spyware update in progress downloading" continues to appear. Can you offer any other method of getting rid of it?

--David

Anti-spyware updates?Go to Anti-spyware > Main and press "Advanced Options". Go to "Updates" and uncheck "Enable automatic anti-spyware updates".

maybethisllwork Guest

Thanks for your help.

Here's a suggestion for the next edition. Perhaps I overlooked it ...

A page in the help system that lists where to find all ZAP menu items that control automatic internet access would have saved you and me valuable time.

--David

Thread Information