Thread: Problem with Zone Alarm Pro

bluevalley Guest

Default Problem with Zone Alarm Pro

Hello, I'm subscribing Zone Alarm Pro for several years. And I have a problem everyday for thislast 4month.When I access internet or openemail ( outlook express ), I cannot access them at all unless I shut down the Zone alarm Pro first. Looks like some kind of error isoccuring between the server and setting of Zone Alarm Pro.My server is Road Runner.Do you have any advise how to resolve this ?Thank you.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Problem with Zone Alarm Pro

Try adding the ip of your mail server to the trusted zone of ZA. Go to Tab firewall page zones and in the box at the bottom click add,choose ip address, enter the ip of your mail server enter a brief description and insure the zone is setted to trusted.
    Best regards

bluevalley Guest

Happy New YearAd-Hock ! Thanks for your kind reply. I'm really apreciate your helpful answer. I tried your advise and it worked. But now after about half days later, the same problem has started again, and now I still have to shut down Zone Alarm Pro twice a day. I have no idea what's wrong....

ad_hock Guest

Is it possible that the ip has changed? See if instead of the ip you can add the server name. I suggest you contact your ISP.
    Best regards

bluevalley Guest

Thanks again for your help. The problem still going but I will try work on it...Also I have another question. I subscribe Cloudmark Desktop as a spam filter for years. I originally found this software via Zonelabs because Zonelabs once offered this software free if we purchased ( or subscribe ) Zonelab's product. However now again the same problem. Unless I shut down Zonelabs Pro or shut down Cloudmark Desk Top, the error occur , and can not open outlook express. So my question is Zonelabs and Cloudmark can install together or not ??Sorry for keep asking....

ad_hock Guest

Hi bluevalley
    No problem for asking you're welcome. About the question you make to be honest I don't know as I never used that.I suggest you contact technical support and question them about that . I'll give you the link for contact http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten...ch_support.jsp
    Would be very grateful if you got something from them just give the feed back. If after that you still have problems just post back and w'll see if there is a way to solve it.
    Best regards

Thread Information