Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't access Mozilla Thunderbird

Hybrid View

beehall Guest

Default Can't access Mozilla Thunderbird

I am trying to run Mozilla Thunderbird but every time I try to send or receive mail nothing happens. As soon as I shut down Zone alarm then I can get to my mail. I have ticked the two boxes for access under program control. I have tried re starting the computer but to no avail. I have absolutely no problem with 196 programs secured for internet access!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

arson Guest

Default Re: Can't access Mozilla Thunderbird

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>beehall wrote:
    I am trying to run Mozilla Thunderbird but every time I try to send or receive mail nothing happens. As soon as I shut down Zone alarm then I can get to my mail. I have ticked the two boxes for access under program control. I have tried re starting the computer but to no avail. I have absolutely no problem with 196 programs secured for internet access!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hi beehall ...
    In ZA's Program Control &gt; ProgramsTab ... besides green ticking Access (Trusted, Internet) for Thunderbird... you shouldalso green tick 'Send Mail' for it in the last column... Arson D. Dragon

beehall Guest

Thank you, that sounds very sensible. However, on my version - 6.1.737, there are only four columns in the program control screen - two for access and two for servers. How do I get the option for e-mail? Regards

arson Guest

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>beehall wrote:
    Thank you, that sounds very sensible. However, on my version - 6.1.737, there are only four columns in the program control screen - two for access and two for servers. How do I get the option for e-mail? Regards
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi again beehall ...

I also have version 6.1.737.000, but in the ZA Pro model ...

... hmmmm, I knowZA(Free) has several functions not available to it like in ZA (Pro), but as you've stated, I was not aware that it also didn't have the 'Send Mail' column ...

Let me see if I can find someone more familiar with ZA(Free) and the issue your having ... sorry for the delay and the misinformation behall ...

Arson

beehall Guest

Many thanks, it's frustrating having to switch off zone alarm every time I want to check my mail. So, any solutions would be much appreciated - might be I have to purchase Zone Alarm!!

unhappy_viewer Guest

Try removing Thunderbird from ZA's program list. Then launch Thunderbird and check your email. ZA should prompt you to give Thunderbird permission. Give Thunderbird the appropriate permissions.

arson Guest

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>unhappy_viewer wrote:
    Try removing Thunderbird from ZA's program list. Then launch Thunderbird and check your email. ZA should prompt you to give Thunderbird permission. Give Thunderbird the appropriate permissions.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi u_v ...I seen one of yourpost discussionsa while back about ZA(Free) and it's options and/or functions compared to the paid versions of ZA ... I was unaware that it didn't also have the 'Send Mail' column ... and thanks for taking a look at this thread, it's much appreciated and I hope your assisistance helps resolve behall's problem ...Arson

unhappy_viewer Guest

Sometimes we forget whats in the free and paid versions. FOr me, I tend to forget what ZA(free) lacks in the logs section.

beehall Guest

I've tried that. I think I need to be able to tick the 'read e-mails' box as ARSON suggests - which doesn't appear to be in the Free vesrion of ZA - seems a bit odd though.

unhappy_viewer Guest

ZA(free) does not have the "send email" protection so you don't have to worry about that.

Try the method one more time and see if it works. If it doesn't your database looks like its corrupted and needs to be reset. Follow these instructions (you will loose all your current settings):

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode.
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4. Reboot into the normal mode.

Message Edited by unhappy_viewer on 01-14-2006 11:52 PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information