Thread: ZA and firefox

freddyf Guest

Default ZA and firefox

I have just purchased ZA Pro 6 and am getting used to its settings with Firefox 1.5. When I use Firefox to load Hotmail with Ad Blocking and Cookie control set to"medium", hotmail doesn't work very well. when i set them to off, hotmail loads ok and works perfectly. i have searche this forum and found some solutions, but none seem to be long-termI have tried to go into "site list" and change the settings for the hotmail site(s) to allow everything, and then switch cookie control and ad blocking back to medium, and hotmail doesn't load properly - it is as if the overall privacy settings override the specific site list options.the otherthing that works is going into program control - to firefox - and unchecking the "enable privacy for this program" box and leaving this uncheckedmy questions are:-is there a better way of getting firefox to work with hotmail?-when i uncheck the ""enable privacy for this program" box for firefox, is this exposing me to ads and cookies and stuff i don't want?thankslucas

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

arson Guest

Default Re: ZA and firefox

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>freddyf wrote:
    I have just purchased ZA Pro 6 and am getting used to its settings with Firefox 1.5. When I use Firefox to load Hotmail with Ad Blocking and Cookie control set to"medium", hotmail doesn't work very well. when i set them to off, hotmail loads ok and works perfectly. i have searche this forum and found some solutions, but none seem to be long-termI have tried to go into "site list" and change the settings for the hotmail site(s) to allow everything, and then switch cookie control and ad blocking back to medium, and hotmail doesn't load properly - it is as if the overall privacy settings override the specific site list options.the otherthing that works is going into program control - to firefox - and unchecking the "enable privacy for this program" box and leaving this uncheckedmy questions are:-is there a better way of getting firefox to work with hotmail?-when i uncheck the ""enable privacy for this program" box for firefox, is this exposing me to ads and cookies and stuff i don't want?thankslucas

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hi freddyf ...In answer to your1st query : take a look at this post I wrote to another user ... and this info should add and help you understand a lil' bit about the next part of your query click &gt; http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=36176#M36176...and foryour 2nd query : by default ZA Pro will usually check 'enable privacy for this program' for any browser (IE, Firefox, Opera, Netscape, etc, etc) and ZA Pro, depending on how you have the Privacy Settings configured within it , will do the majority of Cookie, Ad and Moble code control handling ... when you uncheck or disable this option, now the Privacy Settings within that Program itself ( in your case Firefox), and not ZA,will do the majority of Cookie, Ad and Mobile Code Control ... So in closing and to re-cap ... by unchecking this option in ZA, you are letting Firefox's Privacy settings do all the work and your exposure to cookies,ads, mobile codes, etc,are now dependent on how you have Firefox's Pivacy settings configured ...I hope this helps and if you have any further questions, comments or problems ... feel free ...Arson D. Dragon

Thread Information