Thread: Program Control Settings keep getting reset

buggy Guest

Default Program Control Settings keep getting reset

For some reason, my Program Control Settings keep being lost. I am not sure what it correlatesto (if my clearing of cookies does it), but I am not doing anything in ZoneAlarm to clear the preferences.I have to regularly answer popup questions about what programs can access the internet.Any ideas?I am running ZA Security Suite 5.1.001.000 on Win 2000 Pro.Thank you!

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:5.1

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Program Control Settings keep getting reset

Hi buggy
    Most probably your problem is a corrupted ZA data base and you need to reset it (the forgetting of settings is normally a clear indication). You loose all your customizations and need to built a fresh data base,but anyway I think it's already messed up. Follow this link to get the procedure http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b....id=7101#M7101
    Best regards

buggy Guest

Thank you Ad-Hock. I will try this when I have the time to perform the steps. I suspect that there is some periodic event or action that I am takingthat clears them program preferences out (such as deleting files from my IE cache). I am able to rebuild the database but every now and thenI find it clearedagain.Cheers,buggy

ad_hock Guest

You're welcome.
    If needed post back.
    Best regards

Thread Information