Thread: Eudora and email scanning

florestan Guest

Default Eudora and email scanning

Is there any chance that ZASS (6.1.737) can scan 3rd party email clients? I'm using Eudora 6.2.1 and can't seem to get any type of email protection. Anyone have any suggestions?

Your help is much abliged.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

jarvis Guest

Default Re: Eudora and email scanning

The AV portion of ZASS can scan email as it comes into any email client via POP3 or IMAP4, unless you're using a secure connection between the email program and the server. E.g. gmail uses a secure connection. However, on-access scanning will take care of any email viruses if you tried to open them.

Likewise Mailsafe works with incoming email on POP3 or IMAP4 and will rename any attachments with potentially dangerous types such as .exe, .zip, .vbs. If you attempt to double-click the renamed attachments, Zonealarm will give you a warning before offering to rename the attachment back to it's original type if you trust the sender.

The anti-spam plug-in only works with Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express - this plug-in is a branded version of MailFrontier Desktop.

florestan Guest

Default Re: Eudora and email scanning

I forgot to say - Thanks for the help. I checked this out for myself by creating a few files, an exe, zip, and vbs. Sent them all from an external source, and sure enough - they were all caught. Albeit - they were quite obvious, if not from the file name. Virus.exe SHOULD be caught by just about anyone and anything! LOL

Thanks again!

Thread Information