Thread: Yahoo

ying Guest

Default Yahoo

Does anyone know what I need to do to be able to open yahoo mail and games besides turning zone alarm off?
    Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

flyyourway Guest

Default Re: Yahoo

Turn on the privacy advisor,see what ZoneAlarm is blocking on the Yahoo websites mail servers,then adjust the setting,to what was being blocked and yahoo mail should function correctly.The ad blocker and cookie blockers in ZA have to be set to medium most of the time,unless you create specific firewall rules for Yahoo.

dubird Guest

Default Re: Yahoo

I'm having the same problem, and it only started recently. I've turned my privacy advisor on, and I keep getting the message that private headers and objects are being blocked. When I click on the more info link in the bubble, it takes me to an entry in the privacy site list, where I allow those things. And it still won't work. I can't figure out what exactly is being blocked by ZoneAlarm. Just out of desperation, I tried setting mail.yahoo.com to allow everything in the site list, as well as the entry that the privacy advisor keeps taking me to, and it still won't work. I can actually see the listing of my email, but the buttons don't work and when I open an email, the text will not display. I am really confused and frustrated with this whole process, but since this is on my work computer, I can't exactly not use ZoneAlarm.

Thread Information