Thread: Everquest2 program is updated almost daily.

philjoseph Guest

Default Everquest2 program is updated almost daily.

Play an online game called Everquest2.

When I first start logging into the game, ZA asks me for premission.
    Then the game goes into full screen mode and before I finally get in, I'm asked by ZA if another part of the Everquest2 software can have permission.

If I forget to Alt-Enter out of full screen mode, zone alarm doesn't pop up and ask me, and the program hangs.

This wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for the fact that Everquest2 seems to update it's software about every other day, so even if I tick the option 'remember this option', every time the programe changes, I get asked again.

I tried right clicking on the program names under ZA and selecting 'changes frequently' but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Any suggestions please?

thanks

Phil

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

billc Guest

Default Re: Everquest2 program is updated almost daily.

Your database is confused I would guess and not that your program is changing so often. Try this...go to your ZASS Programs List, locate the Everquest2.application, right click on it, then click to 'remove' it. The next time you open it, you'll be asked for access again; click 'allow' and the 'remember this' box. That might fix it, but if it doesn't the next thing to do is a database reset in ZASS.

Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

philjoseph Guest

Thanks.

However, it is caused by the Everquest2 program changing.

When I log in, it shows if it's updated, if there's no update then it works fine. If Everquest downloads an update, this is the only time I get the problem. It's an online game which has just had a major update and they're tweaking it almost daily at present. At the best of times there's always an update once a week, but lately it's been 2 to 4 times a week.

best

Phil

billc Guest

Sorry, I didn't realize that the application actually was changing that often. You've taken the correct steps with the 'change frequently' option checked but I'd try just resetting this one program in your Zone Alarm database. Go to the Program Control panel in Zone Alarm, right click on the program, then click to 'remove' it. The next time you use it, it will add itself back & request 'access'. Grant access and check the 'frequently changes' box again and see if that helps. Actually Zone Alarm is doing it's job by alerting you to a program change. Sometimes a nefarious application will try to use a 'trusted' program for nasty purposes.

philjoseph Guest

Thanks

best

Phil

Thread Information