Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HP Business Inkjet 1000 ToolBox

amil Guest

Default HP Business Inkjet 1000 ToolBox

Hi
    I'm unable to open the toolbox for the HP Business Inkjet 100 printer due to Zona Alarm blocking it.
    Hav etried to change program setting and still no luck - please provide help - THANKS

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:Other ZoneAlarm Product
    Software Version:6.1

billc Guest

Default Re: HP Business Inkjet 1000 ToolBox

I don't know of any reason Zone Alarm would block you from opening an application. If you shutdown Zone Alarm, can you then open it?

amil Guest

Shutting down Zone Alarm doesn't close all threads - I had to unistall once and installed norton antivirus instead then the HP TollBox woul open with no problem.
    Something in ZA is blocking this program access - I gues due to the bi-directional communication through the USB port.
    Please advice...

billc Guest

Help me understand. Is HP Toolbox a program that will not open with Zone Alarm running? Or is it not able to get internet access? I was confused by your statement, "Shutting down Zone Alarm doesn't close all threads"; what exactly do you mean?

amil Guest

Hp ToolBox will not open while Zona Alarm is running - I tried shutting ZA down but even after it still wouldn't open the ToolBox.
    Only when I unistalled ZA did the program open - not sure if it's internet access or whatsoever.

billc Guest

It sounds like a driver conflict I've not come across before.Sometimes the order in which you install these applications will affect the functionality, but I'm not sure in this case. My suggestion would be to seek help from Zone Labs Technical Support

sonica Guest

Well, I've had exactly the same problem with my HP Business Inkjet 1100 i.e. The toolbox just won't work when Zonealarm security suite is installed.

I've tried granting access rights to everything that has anything to do with printing and it still won't work. The only way to get the toolbox working is to uninstall the security suite. Even turning off the different components of security suite i.e. viruscan, spamkiller, firewall etc. wont get the toolbox or the printer working.

I had exactly the same problem with the McAfee security suite a year ago and hence the reason I want to change. However, I don't want to purchase the full version of zonealarm security suite if it is going to stop my printer from working. Hence I can't get any tech support.

I've contacted HP and they tell me that "we recommend you don't use any security software with your printer"!!!!!!!!! So how am I meant to protect my computer?

If there is any tech people from Zonealarm that can solve this problem please answer this thread and I will buy the full version of Zonealarm.

billc Guest

You can reach the 'tech' folks at Zone Labs Technical Support , we are just user/volunteers on this board.

sonica Guest

Thanks Bill. But I can only get tech support if I have the fully paid version of Zonealarm. You'll note that on the form that your tech support link leads to the "License Key" is a mandatory field. The Liscense Key I understand only comes with the fully paid up version. If anyone with the Liscense Key can ask the question and get back to me I'd be grateful.

billc Guest

Sorry I thought you were using the ZASS product. I don't know the solution, but I'll try to suggest a thing or two that might lead to a solution. Go to your Zone Alarm Program control > Main panel and then move your Program control slider to 'off'. Now see if you can use the HP ToolBox. BTW, could you fill me in on just what the HP toolbox does?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information