Thread: I'd really, really hate to give up.

starling Guest

Default I'd really, really hate to give up.

I'm not a computer expert, but I've had some experience with installing programs, a number of them being security programs---but this one is making me a bit crazy. After a day and a half of setting it up, I still cannot access any of my mail sites, even ones that I've never used but am trying to registeron. Also, none of my IM programs are working, and I can't get into my personal bank account site. What in the world am I missing here? I'm using the trial version of the Security Suite. Thanks. :8}

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

billc Guest

Default Re: I'd really, really hate to give up.

The problems likely are found in your Privacy settings. Go to your ZASS Privacy > Site List, click on the 'add' button, enter the URL of a "troubled" site, then click 'ok'. Now locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again.

When you have trouble with sites, try customizing them.You will need to go to the Privacy Panel and click on 'custom' in Cookie Control. Then go to the bottom and enable 'Show Privacy Advisor' click apply then ok.

Next go to the page in question and when the Privacy Advisor alert pops up, click on "Click here for details'' and it should take you to the Site List box where you will see the entry causing the problem. The name of the entry can be found in the "Entry Detail" box at the bottom of the page. Now click on 'options' and turn off the ones that interfer with the page. You may have to try several and then refresh the page until the issue is resolved.

Thread Information