Thread: Some program control settings lost after reboot

jpeissel Guest

Default Some program control settings lost after reboot

Hello. My ZoneAlarm AntiVirus has recently started toblock RealPlayer and WinAmp. Iadjust the program control settings to address this problem, but after reboot of the computer the settings are lost. How can I fix this problem?Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: Some program control settings lost after reboot

Sounds like your ZA database is corrupt and needs to be rest. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

jpeissel Guest

Thanks Bill. I will try this later on this evening.

igotregistered Guest

Hi BillCherryAtl,I'm having a similar problem, (regarding New Network Found) alert. However, there is a twist. I've built a DSL web server out of my pc. Verizon blocks port 80, (the internet port) by default. If you desire to build and admin your own site, you are forced to change your IP to a dynamic and force it to use any other port, (in my case 8080). With Dynamic IP's, the address changes quite frequently, my software used in conjunction with the site adjusts accordingly to match up with my Nameservers. However, since I've installed ZA, this has stopped. Each time the IP changes ZA stops everything and does not allow to automatically update. Instead, it promts of a (new network verification) and waits for a response. Therefore my site goes down. Will this eliminate the new network found stoppage and allow for the new IP to automatically update? Or will I continue to have to manually respond? If the ladder, I'll probably have to find another software to use.Thank you

Thread Information