Thread: new network detected

lyleogle Guest

Default new network detected

I just bought the wife a new Dell Laptop it has mcafee on it, virus, firewall and no telling what else. This PC that hasZA pro on it and it displays a message "new network found" at boot up in windows when ZA comes up. ZA showed the address but it was at the start of the lastoctet(?), 192.xxx.22.0. I had a network ranged setup in ZA to go from 231 to 255 early on. I have changed the range now to include 0 to 255. That range was setup in the firewall is gone now, nothing seems to save when I make changes in the firewall to set address anymore.Unless I add that to the trusted time at each boot up of this PC she cannot get a connection. the Laptop is set for DHCP and it is getting an address at the start of what I have setup in the router (Linksys wrt54g) that part is good, but ZA sees the new network starting out at xxx.xxx.xxx.0 so it puts it automatically in the internet realm so it isn't trustedAny ideasThanks

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

cyberian75 Guest

lyleogle Guest

Default Re: new network detected

cyberian75Thanks for the info I will check it out.Regards,lyle

lyleogle Guest

Default Re: new network detected

cyberian75,

Thanks a bunch for the help. In the past I would set things like that up in the zones area of the firewall control. It also use to remember the settings but not anymore. I use to have the house lan setup in there but If I set it up now it is gone next boot, something is not right,

Any idea of why it would detect a new network if no other PC is up and running in the house?

Again thanks,

Lyle

Thread Information