Thread: Problem accessing courseware

ravadrian Guest

Default Problem accessing courseware

I'm registered for a course at Cisco and can access the program from my classroom but when I try to access it from my home I cannot.A technician from Cisco suggested that I might have to turn off my firewall (Zonealarm) and when I did that I was able to login. As soon as I turned back on my firewall I lost the connection. How can I access the course and still have my firewall turned on? Help.

Operating System:Windows 2000 Server/Adv Server
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:5.x

billc Guest

Default Re: Problem accessing courseware

It is likely your Privacy settings. Try this...go to your Privacy > Site List, click on the 'add' button, enter the URL for your Cisco site, then click 'ok'. Now locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again.

If that does not work, try turning off all your Main Privacy blocking then refresh the page and try again. Your Privacy will be off, but your firewall will still protect your machine.

ravadrian Guest

Default Re: Problem accessing courseware

Hi Bill:

Thanks. I followed your suggestions and I was successful in accessing the courseware. Thanks again.

Ravadrian

Thread Information