Thread: Can't get animation or ads in yahoo mail

bhome Guest

Default Can't get animation or ads in yahoo mail

Please tell me how to set it up so I can get animation for weather radarwithout shutting off Zone Alarm. Also, what setting should I do for getting ads in my yahoo mail. For some reason I have to click on "AD" in order to see the ad. I used to be able to see the ad in the e-mail.Thanks!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

learner2020 Guest

Default Re: Can't get animation or ads in yahoo mail

Actually that is a good thing... ads are a way that people wind up getting junk mail to begin with... the funny thing is that you don't have to click on the ad, just move your mouse over it and it will detect you're action from the website.

Try using local tv stations for weather updates or look some where like www.weather.com .

socalreviews Guest

Default Re: Can't get animation or ads in yahoo mail

As Learner2020 explained, I don't think you want animation or ads being seen in Yahoo mail since there are security risks associated with it. If the Ads are part of the Yahoo site then that is not as big of a factor but if they are IN your emails you generally don't want to see those. I don't know how restricted your ZASS Ad and Cookie blocking features are set up but under the ZASS Privacy settings you can go under Site List and allow mobile code, third party cookies, web bugs and private header (usually never need to allow this one). You can allow only those features for each specific site that you choose to ADD to the list and this way you will not get your browser hijacked with ads and tracking cookies from other sites but only to the Sites that you approve in that list. You could also lower your ZASS general ZASS Ad and Cookie blocking settings but that also opens your browser to Ads and cookies from ALL sites.

If you want to enable the Yahoo ads you can also enable the ZASS Privacy Advisor in the ZASS program to help you determine which third party sites the ads are loading from. There are several that need to be allowed in your Site List to show properly. I have done this because I have mobile code control enabled and I don't get all the information on my startup page unless I allow mobile code for those extra sites that are linked on that Yahoo custom start page. If you have Privacy Advisor enabled then when it pops up you can click on it and see the sites that are colored that are active and you can enable the properties for those sites so that the ads are not blocked. It takes some experimentation to do this but you begin to understand how it works after a while. Once you configure the Sites List settings in ZASS the first time you should be able to see the Ads after that without any action on your part and then you can disable the ZASS Privacy Advisor pop up since it can be kind of annoying.

Thread Information