Thread: Contact List for IM Spam Blocker in the Zone Alarm Security Suite

jimrps Guest

Default Contact List for IM Spam Blocker in the Zone Alarm Security Suite

I have the most current version of the Zone Alarm Security Suite. When I turn on the Spam Blocker for Yahoo Messenger, ZL blocks users from sending me Yahoo IM even though those users arein my email allowed list. The log shows the remote user's Yahoo ID which does not include the @yahoo.com domain name. I assumed the contact list in Zone Alarm was the same as the Allowed List, however the email address for that yahoo user ID is already there and I cannot add a yahoo user ID without the @yahoo.com domain.I have tried searching the forums for the solution, but I haven't found anything. Is the IM Contact list different from the Email Allowed list? If so, then how do I get to it? If not, then how can I turn on Spam Blocker and still get Yahoo IM from these people I know.Thank you for any help.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

It occured to me that Zone Alarm might mean the Contact List in Yahoo Messenger. I am using Yahho Messenger version 8 beta. The Yahoo ID's to which I am refering are in the Yahoo Messenger Contact List. Zone Alarm doesn't seem to know about the Yahoo Messenger Contact List.

Message Edited by JimRPS on 07-04-2006 09:10 AM

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

jimrps Guest

Default Re: Contact List for IM Spam Blocker in the Zone Alarm Security Suite

It occured to me that Zone Alarm might mean the Contact List in Yahoo Messenger. I am using Yahho Messenger version 8 beta. The Yahoo ID's to which I am refering are in the Yahoo Messenger Contact List. Zone Alarm doesn't seem to know about the Yahoo Messenger Contact List.I edited the previous message to include the prior statement.

magical_trevor Guest

Hi,Try this:Login to Yahoo, then go into your firewall and turn on the spam blockerAfter turning it on, log out of yahoo messenger, wait 30 seconds and then log back in, tell me how this goes.Also have you thought that you might need to use a Full version instead of a beta?

jimrps Guest

Thanks for the suggestion, however I followed your instructions and Zone Alarm still cannot seem to find my Yahoo Contact List. Zone Alarn continues to block people in my Contact List when the Spam Blocker is turned on.

Yahoo Messenger Version 8 Beta is the new version that should be able to send and recieve messages from both Yahoo Messenger and MSN Messenger; also, this beta version of Yahoo can also be used to send Text Messages to people's mobile phones. There is not a current GA version of Yahoo Messenger version 8.

magical_trevor Guest

Ok, well if you are still persistant in using the BETA of Yahoo, then I would suggest that you turn off the spam blocker.

Thread Information