Thread: I can not sign in to Windows Live Messenger when I have Zone Alarm security suite running

atsushi Guest

Default I can not sign in to Windows Live Messenger when I have Zone Alarm security suite running

I was not sure if this was the right place to post, sorry.Well anyway, I was trying to get Windows Live Messenger going and when I have Zone AlarmSecurity Suite running, it does not sign in. But when I shut it down, it can run. How can I stop this from happening? I have already went to the program tab on the left and enabled the program. Also I have clicked allow to all of the questions.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by atsushi on 07-22-2006 05:26 PM

dudler Guest

Default Re: I can not sign in to Windows Live Messenger when I have Zone Alarm security suite running

Ifound the solution. If the problem is Zone Alarm related you can tell if WLM works when Zone Alarm is shut down. It did for me. I read another post where someone suggested deleting certain files from C:/windows/system32/zonealarm in SAFE mode. Only problem with that is that it actually shuts down ALL virus and spyware protection! Plus its a pain always havin to shut down Zone Alarm, starting WLM and turning Zone Alarm on again. Solution? TURN OFF IM SECURITY. Simple as that. My WLM has been sighning me on ever since.

jvp Guest

Default I can not sign in to Windows Live Messenger when I have Zone Alarm security suite running

The solution that worked for me was the following:

1) First, copied the sign-in URL for WIN Live and pasted it to my site list (located in ZA Privacy Tab and then by clicking the add button).

2) Next, highlighted the site that was just added and enabled the Mobile Code Control for this site.

3) Finally, cleaned browser cache and closed IE and then reopened it and was able to sign in.

All of my other settings were unchanged.

Hopefully, this may be of help.

Message Edited by JVP on 08-01-200606:19 AM

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

Message Edited by JVP on 08-01-200606:20 AM

Message Edited by JVP on 12-16-200612:19 PM

rickyone Guest

Default Re: I can not sign in to Windows Live Messenger when I have Zone Alarm security suite running

I'm having the same problem.
    It has something to do with the last update to zone alarm security suite.
    I recently removed it from my computer completely and reinstalled it with my backup disk (an older version) and windows live messenger worked fine.
    As soon as I updated it live messenger no longer worked.
    I think we'll have to wait until Zone Labs figures this out if they can.
    I've searched the internet with google and ask.com to no avail and MSN couldn't help either.
    Let's hope they come up with a fix soon.
    For now I'm going back to the older version and just updating the spyware and virus protection.
    By the way, I'm running the same system setup as you: windows xp home and zone alarm security suite.

I believe ZoneLabs is aware of the problem and will try to fix it in the next release.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information