Thread: Frontpage being Blocked by ZoneAlarm

skarnes Guest

Default Frontpage being Blocked by ZoneAlarm

I never had a problem before but but I have clicked a setting in zone alarm that is blockingFrontpage from opening Internet Explorer when I double click an image in the folders list. It states there is an error trying to run Internet Explorer.I'm sure its Zone Alarm because when I turn the program off it works fine but of course I have no protection from the Internet.I think ZA is blocking access to thepersonal web server that Frontpage usesbut I'm not sure.I have tried to locate every program in the program controls to give Frontpage access andserver permission but Access is not being blocked.If this isimpossible to correct is there a way to restore the program defaults so I can go back to the beginning which would be faster than trying to correct this setting problem?p.s. the publishing works.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: Frontpage being Blocked by ZoneAlarm

You may have already looked here but if not, go to your ZASS Program Control > Programs list, right click on the Frontpage application and then click on 'options'. Make sure you've checked the first two boxes in 'Advanced Program Control'. I'm not sure this is the problem, but it might be.

As to your question about setting everything to default, you can do that with a database reset in ZASS. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

Thread Information