Thread: Anonymizer stops latest Zonealarm free firewall

yergish Guest

Default Anonymizer stops latest Zonealarm free firewall

Hello.
    Just installed Anonymizer (purchased through ZoneAlarm website).
    Set program control to allow Anonymizer full access, etc.
    They SEEM to work well together.
    Except, when I test the latest free firewall effectiveness, by going to GRC.com and usingtheir Shields Up! port tests, Zonealarm is rendered useless. Most ports are fullyexposed to the net.
    When I shut off Anonymizer, Zonealarm is once again effectively hidingall ports from the net.
    Can anyone suggest a fix? Cure? Other?
    Thanks.
    Yergish

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:

escalader Guest

Default Re: Anonymizer stops latest Zonealarm free firewall

<blockquote><hr>Yergish wrote:
    Hello.Just installed Anonymizer (purchased through ZoneAlarm website).Set program control to allow Anonymizer full access, etc.They SEEM to work well together.Except, when I test the latest free firewall effectiveness, by going to GRC.com and usingtheir Shields Up! port tests, Zonealarm is rendered useless. Most ports are fullyexposed to the net.When I shut off Anonymizer, Zonealarm is once again effectively hidingall ports from the net.Can anyone suggest a fix? Cure? Other?Thanks.Yergish

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:

<hr></blockquote>
    Go to this link and compare your free ZA to ZA Pro. Do the homework and you will be able to answer your own question.
    One tends to get what one pays for:

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/products/trial_zaFamily/trial_zaFamily.jsp;jsessionid=FYT25oNqy1zIJ15I8l2q S6HFm83oallLjw6Gu1IU2MlB7VANykdI!-1440578586!-1062696903!7551!7552!NONE?dc=12bms&amp;ctry=US&amp ;lang=en

Good luck

PS there are other ways to &quot;anonymizer&quot; yourself, look for the best free software links in this forum.

unhappy_viewer Guest

Annoyomizer is a proxy program. It changes your Internet settings so that you are using one of Annoyomizer's proxy servers. When you are using a proxy server and try to use Shields Up!, Shields Up! actually tests the proxy server's server and not your machine since you are no longer connected directly to the internet. If you go to Shields Up! home page with Annoyomizer off and on, you will see that the IP address displayed will be different.

yergish Guest

Thanks for the reply.

Much appreciated.

Y

yergish Guest

Thanks very much for the help.

I understand now.

Much appreciated.

Y

Thread Information