Thread: Configuring Program Control to allow Windows Media Center to connect to my XBOX 360

blulightjr Guest

Cool Configuring Program Control to allow Windows Media Center to connect to my XBOX 360

Hi,

I've been trying to configure my ZoneAlarm Security Suite so I can stream multimedia content into my XBOX 360 using media center. I've followed the instructions Microsoft provides at the following URL: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/m...zonealarm.mspx but it still does not work. It only works when I shutdown my ZA. So, can anyone help on how to configure ZA so it my work.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Configuring Program Control to allow Windows Media Center to connect to my XBOX 360

Is the network connection created by the XBOX 360 to the PC in the Trusted Zone?ZA will detect if a new network is up and for something like this, it needs to be in the Trusted Zone to work.

blulightjr Guest

Default Re: Configuring Program Control to allow Windows Media Center to connect to my XBOX 360

I don't think so. The only IP Address in my trusted zone is the connection to my router. How can I include my XBOX 360 connection as one one of the trusted?

If connect the XBOX to the PC, it should trigger ZA to find a new network (it does with a wireless for example).In Firewall, click Add> and select IP Address. Zone should be Trusted, just add the XBOX IP address and click OK.

Thread Information