Thread: open port 336

Hybrid View

bob_mascherpa Guest

Default open port 336

Buongiorno!
    I was installing MySQL when the "MySQL Server Instance Configuration Wizard" when trying to
    "Apply security settings" issued the following message:++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Connection error.
    The security settings could not be applied to the database because the connection had failed with the following error.Error Nr.1045 - Access denied for user 'root@localhost' (using passwod NO)
    If a personal firewall is running on your machine, please make sure you have opened the TCP port 3306 for connection.Otherwise no client application can connect to the server. After you have opened the port please press [Retry] ti apply the security settings.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++My ZoneAlarm is localized in Italian. For this reason I ask the person that could reply to give me
    detailed instructions to make my work easier.
    Many thanks.Roberto Mascherpa - Brugherio - Lombardy - Italy

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: open port 336

To open that port, go to your ZASS Firewall > Main panel, click on the 'Custom' button in Internet Security , scroll down to 'All incoming and All outgoing TCP', check the boxes, when the little box opens, enter the ports you wish to open.

BTW, are you installing a MySQL on your computer I assume? Or is this a database on a host server somewhere?

bob_mascherpa Guest

Default Re: open port 336

Very fast reply from you, Bill.Your instructions were clear and applied very quickly and verified, but the problem persists even after rebooting.I am now 70 and I'd better go fishing, but I still wish to set up a
    development environment for a web site to be uploaded to a public service provider.
    I am using a dedicated HD for this task.I think I will close ZASS, install MySQL and Joomla and cretae a simple web site. Then I will choose a ready server, activate ZASS and go for final testing.Thanks again.Bob Mascherpa - Italy

Thread Information