Thread: Slow firefox 2.0 google searches/loads

rapier Guest

Default Slow firefox 2.0 google searches/loads

When I do a google search , the page may or may come up but the page tab keeps loading/spinning. Sometimes there will be 8 or more tabs spinning/loading. I ran spybot but it still happens. It seams to get worse daily. Any ideas?

I checked Zap's program control area/tableand there were about 8 entries of Firefox and 3 for Firefox setup.

How should FireFox 2.0 be customized in the program control table? Whats up with all the FireFox entries?

The problem seems to go away if I shutdown ZAP. But I don't care for that solution.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: Slow firefox 2.0 google searches/loads

Firefox isn't my primary browser, but I do have it. Go into program control in ZA and tell me what your settings are all the way across for FF.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

critterjoe Guest

<blockquote><hr>Rapier wrote:
    When I do a google search , the page may or may come up but the page tab keeps loading/spinning. Sometimes there will be 8 or more tabs spinning/loading. I ran spybot but it still happens. It seams to get worse daily. Any ideas?

I checked Zap's program control area/tableand there were about 8 entries of Firefox and 3 for Firefox setup.

How should FireFox 2.0 be customized in the program control table? Whats up with all the FireFox entries?

The problem seems to go away if I shutdown ZAP. But I don't care for that solution.

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version: 7.0

<hr></blockquote>

How are you doing your Google Search? From within Firefox by going to www.google.com and inputting it there? Or are you using a Google Toolbar search, or the Firefox search box in the upper right corner? If you get 8 tabs spinning, that sounds like it's trying to load the Google site 8 times. Are you using any custom Firefox plug-ins/extensions?

In the ZA Control Panel's Program List are all the 8 or so entries for either firefox.exe or firefox_setup.exe? If it were me, I'd highlight and delete all 8 that have anything to do with firefox, and the next time you launch Firefox let ZA automatically add the one back in that's current. I only have 1 Firefox entry. Usually with multiple entries, some are from old version, failed installation attempts, temp setup/install files, etc. Here's how I have Firefox 2.O in the program list:

Custom
    Trust level - ?
    Trusted access - checkmark
    Internet access - checkmark
    Trusted server - ?
    Internet server - X
    Send mail - X

This is what works for me. Your mileage may vary, but it's something to try. Report back on your progress.

Message Edited by Critterjoe on 01-23-200707:24 PM

rapier Guest

Thanks for your help. I did a lot of things. I get all nuts and really don't know how I resolved the problem. I cleaned up the ZA program list and I got the free freeramXP pro to help with Firefox memory leaking.

Thread Information