Thread: Slow firefox 2.0 google searches/loads

rapier Guest

Default Slow firefox 2.0 google searches/loads

When I do a google search , the page may or may come up but the page tab keeps loading/spinning. Sometimes there will be 8 or more tabs spinning/loading. I ran spybot but it still happens. It seams to get worse daily. Any ideas?

I checked Zap's program control area/tableand there were about 8 entries of Firefox and 3 for Firefox setup.

How should FireFox 2.0 be customized in the program control table? Whats up with all the FireFox entries?

The problem seems to go away if I shutdown ZAP. But I don't care for that solution.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: Slow firefox 2.0 google searches/loads

Firefox isn't my primary browser, but I do have it. Go into program control in ZA and tell me what your settings are all the way across for FF.
    My homes are [url=http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php][b][color=#000099]SpywareHammer.com[/color][/b][/url] and [url=http://zonealarm.donhoover.net/index.html][b][color=#000099]DonHoover.net[/color][/b][/url] and [url=http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/][b][color=#000099]BleepingComputer.com[/color][/b][/url]

[img]http://www.donhoover.net/MVP_small.png[/img]
    Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

critterjoe Guest

<blockquote><hr>Rapier wrote:
    When I do a google search , the page may or may come up but the page tab keeps loading/spinning. Sometimes there will be 8 or more tabs spinning/loading. I ran spybot but it still happens. It seams to get worse daily. Any ideas?

I checked Zap's program control area/tableand there were about 8 entries of Firefox and 3 for Firefox setup.

How should FireFox 2.0 be customized in the program control table? Whats up with all the FireFox entries?

The problem seems to go away if I shutdown ZAP. But I don't care for that solution.

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version: 7.0

<hr></blockquote>

How are you doing your Google Search? From within Firefox by going to www.google.com and inputting it there? Or are you using a Google Toolbar search, or the Firefox search box in the upper right corner? If you get 8 tabs spinning, that sounds like it's trying to load the Google site 8 times. Are you using any custom Firefox plug-ins/extensions?

In the ZA Control Panel's Program List are all the 8 or so entries for either firefox.exe or firefox_setup.exe? If it were me, I'd highlight and delete all 8 that have anything to do with firefox, and the next time you launch Firefox let ZA automatically add the one back in that's current. I only have 1 Firefox entry. Usually with multiple entries, some are from old version, failed installation attempts, temp setup/install files, etc. Here's how I have Firefox 2.O in the program list:

Custom
    Trust level - ?
    Trusted access - checkmark
    Internet access - checkmark
    Trusted server - ?
    Internet server - X
    Send mail - X

This is what works for me. Your mileage may vary, but it's something to try. Report back on your progress.

Message Edited by Critterjoe on 01-23-200707:24 PM

rapier Guest

Thanks for your help. I did a lot of things. I get all nuts and really don't know how I resolved the problem. I cleaned up the ZA program list and I got the free freeramXP pro to help with Firefox memory leaking.

Thread Information