Thread: Does "Expert" tab exist in ZoneAlarm 6.5.737.000 ?

mazbm Guest

Default Does "Expert" tab exist in ZoneAlarm 6.5.737.000 ?

Product Name=FREE ZoneAlarm
    Product Version=6.5
    Description of technical Issue=

I'm trying to follow these directions from the ZA version 6.5 manual: "To create a new expert firewall rule: 1. Select Firewall|Expert, then click Add." But my ZoneAlarm version 6.5.737.000 does not display any "Expert" tab in the "Firewall" section--just "Main" and "Zones" tabs. So my Microsoft ActiveSync cannot connect.

If there is no provision for creating a new expert firewall rule in ZA 6.5.737.000, is there any alternative way to enter the settings that ActiveSync needs?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

toasale Guest

Default Re: Does "Expert" tab exist in ZoneAlarm 6.5.737.000 ?

Click "Program Control"; click "Programs"; click "Add" @ bottom right; then navigate to "Program Files" in Windows Explorer and go to your program and expand it to show your ".exe" file(s) and add them to ZA and give a "Trust Level" of 2 bars or 3 bars and click "Access" - "Internet" to "Allow" and have the "Server" section with "?" marks.
    HTH (Hope this helps):8}

billc Guest

Default Re: Does "Expert" tab exist in ZoneAlarm 6.5.737.000 ?

The Expert Rule function is not available in the Free version of Zone Alarm, only the paid versions. Have you followed toasale's directions in Program Control?

Edit I didn't know what ActiveSync was until I looked it up. I'm not sure it will work at all with Zone Alarm running, but I'm not sure. Do make certain your Trusted Zone security is on 'Medium' and not 'high'. Someone who uses that device can answer better than me. Sorry.

Message Edited by BillC on 01-25-2007 06:57 PM

Thread Information