Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loopback adapter missing from version 7

tasman Guest

Default Loopback adapter missing from version 7

I have noticed that I no longer have an entry for loopback adapter in my trusted zone , there was one in version 6.5 , anyone know if this is normal
    for Zone Alarm Pro version
    7 ?
    ThanksTasman

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:7.0

critterjoe Guest

Default Re: Loopback adapter missing from version 7

<blockquote><hr>tasman wrote:
    I have noticed that I no longer have an entry for loopback adapter in my trusted zone , there was one in version 6.5 , anyone know if this is normal for Zone Alarm Pro version 7 ?ThanksTasman

Operating System: Windows XP Pro
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version: 7.0

<hr></blockquote>

Hi, Tasman:
    I'm not using v. 7.0, but I can tell you something from prior versions that may help you. Have you by any chance done a database reset at some point after you installed 7.0? In 6.1, ZA places the loopback adapter into the Trusted Zone by default at installation, but if you do a database reset in 6.1, then loopback adapter will NOT be added back into the Trusted Zone. After a database reset in 6.1, you have to manually put loopback adapter 127.0.0.1 back into the Trusted Zone. If 7.0 works the same way and you have done a reset, then this likely explains why your loopback adapter entry is missing. Again, I don't know specifically about that phenomenon in v. 7.0, but that's they way it is in the 6 branch. If you have not done a database reset, then I can't explain why your loopback adapter entry is missing. In that case, someone else who has a fresh 7.0 install needs to look and see if the loopback adapter was placed into their Trusted Zone by default or not. Keep us posted, so we'll know what happened. Good luck.

Message Edited by Critterjoe on 01-25-200702:04 AM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:6.1

tasman Guest

Thanks critterjoe, I have not reset the data base . Will have to see what others say about there set up and maybe i will have to add iy to the trusted zone.Tasman

critterjoe Guest

<blockquote><hr>tasman wrote:
    Thanks critterjoe, I have not reset the data base . Will have to see what others say about there set up and maybe i will have to add iy to the trusted zone.Tasman
    <hr></blockquote>

Another possibility, is that when you upgraded from 6.5 to 7.0, did you use the &quot;upgrade install&quot; which would have retained your settings from 6.5? If so, and if you had done a database reset under 6.5 without replacing loopback adapter, then that config might have transferred over to 7.0 in that condition. I'm just thinking out loud, until someone with a fresh 7.0 install chimes in. I'll shut up now Good luck.

Message Edited by Critterjoe on 01-25-200705:03 AM

tasman Guest

Did a clean uninstall and a clean install and did not save setting from 6.5 version . Loopback was in my 6.5 version. ThanksTasman

pairofhearts Guest

I did a database reset and my loopback adapter is missing as well. Is it really necessary?

Message Edited by pairofhearts on 01-25-200707:22 AM

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0

britneyluvr Guest

Interesting. I just did a clean install, and it IS listed in there, on both systems I tested. I wonder what is happening on your systems?

pairofhearts Guest

Is the Loopback adapter setting necessary??

tasman Guest

I contacted support and this was there relpy :

To add your loopback adapter go to firewall&gt; zones&gt; add&gt; ip address.

Add the 127.0.0.1 and name it loop back adapter. I did this and worked fine , not sure if it's needed but it's there now so all is well.Tasman

pairofhearts Guest

Thanx tasman. I did the same thing but it would be nice to know if it is necessary or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information