Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webroot and ZASS 7

superclyde Guest

Default Webroot and ZASS 7

Has anybody figured out a work around for those 2 programs to work together?If so could you share those settings with us.My SSweeper is currently turned off and it doesn't have antivirus.I've contacted Webroot about this but haven't received a reply.When i do i'll post it here.Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

escalader Guest

Default Re: Webroot and ZASS 7

Dear Super:

Good question, after I installed ZA Pro 7 I have a very similar problem as I have SS as well, with it's AV disabled.

I await your post on WW answer with interest.

Regards

Escalader

critterjoe Guest

<blockquote><hr>superclyde wrote:
    Has anybody figured out a work around for those 2 programs to work together?If so could you share those settings with us.My SSweeper is currently turned off and it doesn't have antivirus.I've contacted Webroot about this but haven't received a reply.When i do i'll post it here.Thanks.

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version: 7.0

<hr></blockquote>

What seems to be the incompatibility? How are they conflicting? Did you disable ZA (uncheck &quot;load at startup&quot; ) before installing Spy Sweeper, or vice versa, did you disable Spy Sweeper before you installed ZA? (I can understand not using Spy Sweeper plus antivirus with ZASS since you wouldn't want 2 antivirus programs, but that is not the case here.)

Message Edited by Critterjoe on 01-27-200705:20 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.1

superclyde Guest

When i installed ZASS 7 my scan time took a very long time.Do you run spysweeper?

critterjoe Guest

<blockquote><hr>superclyde wrote:
    When i installed ZASS 7 my scan time took a very long time.Do you run spysweeper?
    <hr></blockquote>

I run SSweeper with ZA PRO 6.1. I've also run it with 6.5 in the past; I reverted to 6.1 for an unrelated reason. I'm not using 7.0, so I can't really comment on that. That's why I was curious what it was doing. I disabled ZA while I installed SSweeper. And the other time, I disabled SSweeper while I changed versions of ZA. I also disable my other security products while I install another product. You may have done that, too, but you didn't mention. I'm not sure it would make any difference with your problem of scan time anyway; I was thinking you meant you were getting conflicts such as &quot;errors&quot; or one program alerting on the other. Were scan times prolonged in both SSweeper and ZASS?

Message Edited by Critterjoe on 01-27-200706:44 PM

superclyde Guest

When i had ZASS 6.5 a scan would take about 15 mins to complete.When i installed the new version it was 15 mins into the scan and my registry wasn't even half scanned.Apparently it doesn't like the newer ZASS.Some people have turned all the shields off.I keep a good eye on what has been downloaded on my comp and this was the only new download.But it seems like i read here that they're working on a fix for this.

jhf Guest

Did you disable the ZA on-access scanning option during SS scan?

Because each time SS reads a file it is intercepted by ZA to check it. So you certainly will have a more long time to complete a scan.

Regards,

JHF

superclyde Guest

I've never messed with settings in ZASS. Could you post info on this?Thanks.

geoffjg Guest

Superclyde.......are you running the latest version of SpySweeper (5.3.1.2344) ? If not it might be worth a go as Webroot say it MAY run properly with ZASS 7 !I'm using ZAP 6.5 and the latest SS without problems now, but I did uninstall
    SS v.5 and then use the SpySweeper cleanup tool BEFORE installing the latest version.:8}

superclyde Guest

I didn't know about the removal tool.I went ahead and updated to the new version.How many shields do you have running?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information