Thread: Is it common for "Zone Alarm is ending.." pop up message when shutting down computer?

kytkyt Guest

Default Is it common for "Zone Alarm is ending.." pop up message when shutting down computer?

I reset my computer to its factory settings and redownloaded ZA; however now, majority of the times when I am shutting down the computer, a box will pop up saying "Zone Alarm is shutting down or ending" or something like that with that little blue bar showing the progress. It comes up for a split minute and it doesn't require me to do anything. Whenever this has happened ZA is not in the middle of any activity. It isn't scanning, or updating or doing anything.
    It's almost like what happens when you are shutting down the computer when one of the programs is in the middle of something or it's not responding and it requires you to "end the program" but in this case you don't need to do anything. Is this common? I'm a little worried that somehow something is running and I'm not aware of it?
    I'm worried that
    with time, if this continues that it will somehow affect
    my computer.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

pairofhearts Guest

Default Re: Is it common for "Zone Alarm is ending.." pop up message when shutting down computer?

...Yup it's fine!

exbrummie Guest

Default Re: Is it common for "Zone Alarm is ending.." pop up message when shutting down computer?

It's because windows is in a hurry to shut down and Z/A isn't closing as quickly. Itwas brought up in the past because it started in the last few upgraded suites. It isn't a problem though. I too see this.

kytkyt Guest

Great! Thanks Pairofhearts and Exbrummie! That was very helpful. So nothing to worry about? Great! i was worried that I was doing something wrong and if it continued repeatedly that I was somehow affecting my computer.
    Is there anything I can do about it? Or it's something to do with the program that ZA will have to figure out? thanks for all your help!

pairofhearts Guest

........I believe I would be happy just knowing that its the last thing to shut down.

travel Guest

I agree, You want Zone Alarm to be the last to Shut Down before you log off.
    I see the window as well.
    T

kytkyt Guest

Ok then! So it's a normal and "good" thing. GREAT! Thanks!

Thread Information