Thread: Why do I have to keep hitting allow even though I check the "Always" option?

ancientpc Guest

Default Why do I have to keep hitting allow even though I check the "Always" option?

This is only for a few programs that I load upon startup (Trillian, VNC Server, postgreSQL). Every time I login, I get ZA popups that ask if they should be allowed to access/serve internet connections. Even though I click the "Always" box, every time I login I have to clear 3-5 ZA alert windows.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

chamath Guest

Default Re: Why do I have to keep hitting allow even though I check the "Always" option?

Hi ancientpc,

It seems that ZoneAlarm does not remember your settings. Try This :

1. Open ZoneAlarm
    2. Click the "Program Control" panel.
    3. Click "Programs" in the upper right corner of the screen.

4. In the appeared window, find the program names which caused to pop-up alerts and DELETE them by right clicking the program and selecting "Remove".

Then, restart the computer. ZoneAlarm will re-add the programs as new programs that you have deleted. When the alerts display, tick the option to remember. Then restart the computer again and check whether the alerts occur again.

Even if the problem did not solve, You will need to perform a Clean Uninstall and Reinstall of ZoneAlarm.(Instructions)

ancientpc Guest

Default Re: Why do I have to keep hitting allow even though I check the "Always" option?

Thanks for the reply. I did try re-installing (without doing the clean uninstall, just add/remove programs uninstall) and it didn't work. However deleting the program entries from ZA Pro and rebooting worked perfectly!

Thread Information