Thread: Firefox Upgraded today, now ZA won't let it out.

sudermatt Guest

Default Firefox Upgraded today, now ZA won't let it out.

I have been having trouble with IE7 getting out recently, honestly don't know why.
    But
    something REALLY interesting happened this morning...
    I was using firefox, surfing at will, happy as a clam.
    then it informed me it was going to upgrade and needed to close.
    No problem.
    It went thru the upgrade and restarted...ZA expectedly brought up it's message asking for permission for this "changed program" to get access.
    I said Yes - Remember...now Firefox won't go out.
    I've looked in program control and it's trust Level is III, Access for trusted and internet is checked, the rest are "?".
    Whu- Appen?
    nothing else changed.

critterjoe Guest

Default Re: Firefox Upgraded today, now ZA won't let it out.

<blockquote><hr>sudermatt wrote:
    I have been having trouble with IE7 getting out recently, honestly don't know why. But something REALLY interesting happened this morning...I was using firefox, surfing at will, happy as a clam. then it informed me it was going to upgrade and needed to close. No problem. It went thru the upgrade and restarted...ZA expectedly brought up it's message asking for permission for this &quot;changed program&quot; to get access. I said Yes - Remember...now Firefox won't go out.I've looked in program control and it's trust Level is III, Access for trusted and internet is checked, the rest are &quot;?&quot;.Whu- Appen?nothing else changed.
    <hr></blockquote>

I'd remove Firefox entry completely from the ZA Control Panel and reboot. Then I'd launch Firefox again, and let ZA discover the program again and re-insert it into the program list.

To remove a program from the Program Control list, click on the name to highlight it and press &quot;Delete&quot; on your keyboard; answer &quot;yes&quot; to the confirmation. OR you can right-click on the name and choose &quot;remove&quot; then &quot;yes&quot; to confirm.

You might want to remove the entry for IE7 and let ZA re-discover it, too. Several people have had trouble with IE7 following the windowsupdate of 2/13/2007. Is that about when your problems began with IE?

Good luck.

akajohndoe Guest

I completely removed IE7, even deleting registry entries.

I have FireFox 2.0.0.2 and Opera 9.10 (and IE6) now.

Usually just closing the program (Firefox in your case) going into the Program settings of ZoneAlarm selecting and deleting the program, closing ZA (not neccessarily stopping/starting it), and restarting the program that was deleted from ZA and letting it &quot;rediscover&quot; it is enough to correct any issues.

Sometimes an upgrade to a program does prefer a reboot, even though it does not automatically schedule one.

lindab Guest

Hi There, I am &quot;newb&quot; and am hoping for some help, info, on Firefox 2.o and ZA. I too am having probs with Firefox - problems loading pages (Server not found etc&quot; and having to click on the retry several times to get web pages to open. I have removed Firefox from ZA 3 times now and it does not register the version 2.0. It displays the older version 1.8. I have read that there may be a &quot;corrupted file&quot; in ZA. True? False? Any ideas, cause it is getting really ridiculous. I never had any problems with either ZA of FF until 2 days ago. ZA has been problem free for 2 years (knock on wood!!) Thanks in advance for any assistance and I aplogise if I have posted this in the wrong place.

Thread Information