Thread: computer crashed, reinstalled recovery ZAIS anti-virus won't update

bridezilla Guest

Default computer crashed, reinstalled recovery ZAIS anti-virus won't update

Hello. I installed 2 GB (1gb each) Kingston memory modules in my computer and that was the beginning of the end. Have just finished running recovery, reinstalled ZAIS, anti-virus will not update, have a C++ exam in 2 & 1/2 hours, have not studied trying to recover my mess, no sleep, please help. Should I reinstall version 6.5 and remove 7? Here's my comp info HP pavilion a1430n, 250 HD, 4 GB RAM (only one GB in 2-512 modules installed right now), windows xp media center edition, nvidia GeForce 6150 LE graphics card, nvidia chipset, nvidia ethernet, a lot of nvidia stuff. AMD athlon dual processors 3800 and 64 ready. (I guess ready is what it means) Am very depressed about all this especially since I should have been studying for this exam and practicing writing algorithms and programs, but was so upset with computer not working because I type all my papers, of which I have 2 due tomorrow, that I had to get it fixed. Any help will be deeply appreciated. Cindy

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: computer crashed, reinstalled recovery ZAIS anti-virus won't update

Hi Cindy,what is the error message you receive when you try to update?Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

bridezilla Guest

Here's a huge surprise, I just tried the update again, and it worked! I'm in shock. Thank you so much for writing back. Until it happens again, I won't worry about it. May I ask another question that doesn't apply to Zone Alarm? I had to do a pc recovery repair, and all the papers I have written are gone. Do you know of any good file recovery applications? And would it work in this case? Thank you again, Cindy

Uuhhm, not my area of expertise... but if you have overwritten the HD than it will be very difficult to recover complete traces of what you had on your PC...You may want to try PC Inspector file recovery (http://www.filehippo.com/download_file_recovery/) but note I have never used it so don't know if it is good or not.Usually these programs need to be present before the disaster not after... but you never known.Good luck with your recovery....Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information