Thread: Firefox Chat issues

maest Guest

Default Firefox Chat issues

I use Firefox which has this plug-in called ChatZilla. Chatzilla is a IRC client which works as part of FF. The problem is that, even though FF has complete access to the Internet (I set it up manually), ChatZilla cannot connect to any IRC Networks. It keeps saying "Blocked by ZoneAlarm". How do I fix this? Chatzilla doesn't appear as a program in the programs list, and it shows up as being part of FF's process in Task Manager.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

pairofhearts Guest

Default Re: Firefox Chat issues

Try Adding it to the programs list using the add button. Give it trust level 3 with access to trusted and internet. Plse let us know the outcome.

flyyourway Guest

Open ZA then click on the IMSecurity tab
    on the left hand side then choose settings and click on advanced uncheck the box that says block IRC,this should resolve the issue.

pairofhearts Guest

there is no IMSecurity listing in ZAPro....that I can see......

maest Guest

Heh, stealthy little button. Anyway, it did work, I unblocked IRC. Fortunately I use Security Suite, so I have that option. I don't know about Pro, but I'm sure I can't add the program, because it's part of FireFox as I said before, and FireFox had full access to the Internet.
    Thanks though, that saved my virtual social life.

Thread Information